Monday 25 March 2013

LADIES' CODE: We aren't a young girl group - Yahoo! Philippines News

Global Code Ashley who possesses wisdom, Beauty Code Kwon RiSe who has an innocent and pretty appearance, Adorable Code EunB who is a source of energy, Punky Code Sojung who has her own unique personality, and Maknae Code Zuny who is into the latest fashion trends.

All 5 girls who have their own personalities and charms make up the latest rookie girl group LADIES’ CODE who made their debut recently. After introducing themselves individually with a reserved tone, they were asked if they were satisfied with their respective tagged Codes. RiSe said, “I am quite satisfied with my Code. But because my Code sounds really cool when you say it, I feel really pressured to live up to it as I have to do things that fits my Code in front of the public.”

Ashley is a girl who is fluent in 4 languages namely Korean, English, Spanish, and Japanese, and therefore lives up to her Global Code tag. With RiSe who is of Japanese-Korean descent, the group has two members who are fluent in Japanese. So if LADIES’ CODE have plans to enter the Japanese market in future, they have a slight advantage in the language department over other girl groups.

Ashley: We already know that the company have plans for us to enter the Japanese market, so the other 3 members are learning Japanese in their free time. I also realized that there are Japanese fans who have come to see us in Korea. Occasionally, we also get fan letters from Italy, France, and other countries. So to me, music is really something that is without borders.

The LADIES’ CODE members remarked that if they weren’t singers, some would probably be working in the corporate world, or attending school in America, or maybe even getting married. They admitted that they are curious about everything that has happened after their debut, and for a group who only just made their debut, their popularity levels are actually pretty high.

Among the members, there are some who have already tasted life under the spotlight. RiSe gained prominence through MBC TV talent show ‘Birth of a Great Star’, while Sojung was a finalist and finished in the top 8 of Mnet talent show ‘The Voice of Korea’. So in a way, they already have some recognition prior to debut, and to them, there are both pros and cons to it.

Ashley: The pro is that we get a lot of attention because we are already known by viewers, so they accept us more readily compared to others.

RiSe: But the con is that because they already know us beforehand, they expect to see us improve from the last time that they had seen us. They have seen us perform on talent shows in the past, so we have to have the thought of wanting to go one step better in our future performances. So in a way, it places a burden on us.

Because of Sojung’s cable talent show background, LADIES’ CODE was unable to stand on the stage of MBC TV ‘Show! Music Core’ in the first week of their debut. The reason was that there were many singers lining up to perform on a terrestrial television music show, but MBC TV had the inclination to push singers from cable channels to the back of the queue. So this served as a sharp contrast to the thought that had developed earlier regarding the fact that they would be on the show naturally because of RiSe’s ‘Birth of a Great Star’ background.

Sojung: From what the members derived, you can see what the shortcomings of our group are. At the beginning, we were worried about our music show performances. Everyone was waiting and waiting for news and then we finally got confirmation that we were on it. Everyone treated us well when we were there, so we are very grateful.

The members admitted that because all of them grew up in different areas like America, Japan, and Gangwon Province in South Korea, they were very awkward around each other when they first met. They were all figuring each other out at the beginning, before finally deriving the fact that they all have a strong desire for eating.

Ashley: In the earlier stages, we were figuring each other out like how is she like, and etc. Sojung looked really cold in the beginning, but after talking to her, I realized that she is a very friendly person, so the both of us got close to each other very quickly.

RiSe: Especially in front of food, we can all unite together. When we are dieting, we would reward ourselves when we achieved our targets, and it felt like we were able to bond as one.

The mood took a sharp downturn as the member lamented with a heavy sigh, “We saw comments that said that they were disappointed that there wasn’t a member who was under 20. Although we are a girl group, but we aren’t young.” Although the average ages of the LADIES’ CODE members are 21.8, they remarked that they like mature men and said in unison, “Compared to looking young, we would prefer a more mature look.”

Ashley: If I have to pick someone to marry, I hope that it would be someone like Yoo Jae Suk who is humorous, focused at his work, easy-going, and a nice person generally.

RiSe: If I have to pick someone among the ‘Infinity Challenge’ members, I would choose Jung Jun Ha. I feel that there wouldn’t be any burden if I was with him, and he would only love me. The notion of liking just one person is very important to me.

Sojung: I like a man who can hold me in an embrace and is bigger than me. A man who can eat meat with me in the morning and afternoon would be even better, like actor Ha Jung Woo.

Everyone has their own ideal type inside their hearts, but it remains as just that. For the members of LADIES’ CODE at the moment, it is like a present or something for the future, as relationships for them are still too early.

Ashley: I am not really interested in dating now, and I don’t have the inkling for it too. As I am just realizing my dreams now, my group is of number one importance to me.

Sojung: I am focusing all my energies on the group now, so I don’t have time to think of other things. I want to work hard so that my parents can have an early retirement.

As they talked about their debut, the members expressed that it was just luck. And they conveyed the thought that they will have to work really hard to become a girl group that stands at the centre of the Korean Wave around the world.

RiSe: K-POP is becoming a trend lately, and we hope to become a group that can also promote overseas.

Sojung: I feel that LADIES’ CODE is on a lucky path. This is because everything that I do now, are the ones that I had hoped for, so I feel very blessed. I hope to continue along this path in future, and still sing with my sisters when we are throwing a birthday bash as we turn 70 years old. I also have dreams of holding a dinner show like Patti Kim.

EunB: Our promotions for now is to tell everyone about the existence of LADIES’ CODE. Our biggest ambition is to become the best girl group that the public will continually and want to see. We want to see comments like, “When are LADIES’ CODE promoting again?” and hope to see everyone anticipate to want to see us again.

By: Kang Hyo Jung

Copyright@KpopFighting.com



No comments:

Post a Comment