Friday 24 May 2013

Winners from the 49th Baeksang Arts Awards - Yahoo! Philippines News

The 49th Baeksang Arts Awards took place on the evening of May 9th at Kyunghee University’s Peace Hall, where actor Ryu Seung Ryong and comedian Yoo Jae Suk walked away with the Grand Prize awards for the film and television sections respectively.

The awards ceremony was hosted by Kim Ah Joong, Joo Won, and Oh Sang Jin, where a total of 12 - 13 awards were awarded for two sections in film and television.

Yoo Jae Suk walked away with the Grand Prize for the TV section. Ryu Seung Ryong meanwhile scooped up the Grand Prize for the film section, having starred in 3 back-to-back blockbuster Korean films in the past year like ‘All About My Wife’, ‘Masquerade’, and ‘Miracle in Cell No.7’.

Ryu Seung Ryong adopted his Yong Gu persona from ‘Miracle in Cell No.7’ to give his winning speech, “Thank you Ye Sung, I won an award, the Baeksang Grand Prize. I never imagined I would win this award. I am sorry for conveying the wrong information to everyone. Beans are not vitamins but protein. Primary school students keep getting this wrong recently. I will work hard to become an actor who seeks new changes all the time. Although my outside image might change according to the production that I take, but the person inside of me will never change.”

Ha Jung Woo and Kim Min Hee were awarded the top excellence award for an actor and actress through ‘Berlin Files’ and ‘Temperature of Love’ respectively. Jo Min Soo (Pieta) and Im Soo Jung (All About My Wife) were actually rumoured to be the favourites, but Kim Min Hee managed to wow the jury with her acting in ‘Temperature of Love’ which reflected reality and became the biggest dark horse of the night. Ha Jung Woo meanwhile fought off stiff competition in the form of Hwang Jung Min, Lee Byung Hun, and Song Joong Ki to win another top excellence actor award.

Ha Jung Woo said in his winning speech, “Thank you. First, I would like to thank viewers for coming to watch ‘The Berlin File’. I would like to share my win with director Ryu Seung Wan, Han Suk Kyu sunbae, Lee Geung Young sunbae, Ryu Seung Bum, and Jun Ji Hyun. I will repay everyone with an even better production next time.”

Meanwhile, Kim Min Hee said her winning speech while fighting back tears, “Many thanks to Mr Lee Min Ki for quarrelling with Young every day, and for infusing energy into my character. You are the most suave partner ever, and it has been a really enjoyable experience working with you. Whenever I find myself at a crossroad during filming, director Roh Deok would tell me that I was doing fine and I need not worry too much. She said that it would definitely be a good film. I was really happy when I watched the film later on, and I want to thank Roh Deok for filming such a good production. I will treasure ‘Very Ordinary Couple’ dearly for the rest of my life.”

The Supporting Actor and Actress awards which was given out for the first time at the awards ceremony, went to Ma Dong Seok (My Neighbour) and Jo Eun Ji (Concubine) respectively. The New Actor and New Actress awards meanwhile went to Jo Dae Han (My Little Hero and Han Ye Ri (As One) respectively.

‘Masquerade’ walked away with the Best Director and Best Picture awards; The New Director award went to Jo Sung Hee for ‘Werewolf Boy’ while Jang Byung Gil was awarded the Best Screenplay award for ‘I Am a Murderer’. The Popularity award went to Kim Dong Wan (Deranged) and Park Shin Hye (Miracle in Cell No.7) respectively, with the latter winning for the 3rd consecutive time.

Meanwhile, ‘Masquerade’ which surpassed 10 million admissions in South Korea walked away with two big awards on the night. ‘The Thieves’ who also surpassed 10 million admissions last year, walked away empty-handed on the night. Ryu Seung Ryong meanwhile rightfully walked away with the Grand Prize award for his sterling acting in ‘Masquerade’ and ‘Miracle in Cell No.7’.

The following are the list of winners:

* FILM SECTION

△ Grand Prize (Daesang): Ryu Seung Ryong

△ Best Picture: Masquerade

△ Best Director: Chu Chang Min (Masquerade)

△ Top Excellence, Actor: Ha Jung Woo (The Berlin File)

△ Top Excellence, Actress: Kim Min Mee (Very Ordinary Couple)

△ Best Supporting Actor: Ma Dong Seok (My Neighbour)

△ Best Supporting Actress: Jo Eun Ji (Concubine)

△ New Actor: Jo Dae Han (My Little Hero)

△ New Actress: Han Ye Ri (As One)

△ New Director: Jo Sung Hee (Werewolf Boy)

△ Best Screenplay: Jang Byung Gil (I Am a Murderer)

△ Popularity Award, Actor: Kim Dong-wan (Deranged)

△ Popularity Award, Actress: Park Shin-hye (Gift of Room No. 7)

* TV SECTION

△ Grand Prize (Daesang): Yoo Jae-suk

△ Best Drama: The Chaser

△ Best Variety Program: Dad! Where Are We Going?

△ Best Educational Program: Korean Dinner Table

△ Best Directing: Kim Kyu Tae (That Winter, The Wind Blows)

△ Top Excellence, Actor: Son Hyun Joo (The Chaser)

△ Top Excellence, Actress: Kim Hee Ae (A Wife’s Credentials)

△ New Actor: Lee Hee Joon (My Husband Got A Family)

△ New Actress: Jung Eun Ji (Reply 1997)

△ Variety, Best Male Performer: Kim Byung Man (Laws of the Jungle)

△ Variety, Best Female Performer: Shin Bora (Gag Concert)

△ Scriptwriting: Park Kyung Soo (The Chaser)

△ Popularity Award, Actor: Park Yoo Chun (I Miss You)

△ Popularity Award, Actress: Kwon Yuri (Fashion King)

△ Social Contribution Award: Ahn Sung Ki

By: Lee Zhao Tam

Copyright@KpopFighting.com



No comments:

Post a Comment